In your report please note:
1) Location of birds as accurately as possible (GPS if possible).
2) Date and time of sighting.
3) Color of the ring.
4) Characters on the ring, e.g. A7 (majority of rings are top-down and all are on the right leg).
5) Age class (immature or adult).
6) Number of metal ring (if found dead).
Ring colors are: - Yellow with black text; - White with black text; - Green with white text;
- Blue with white text
Thank you for your help!
The Swift Tern Team
PS. Some letters are missing from the colour ring codes; they are: D, F, G, I, M, O, Q, V, W
Assoc. Prof. Peter Ryan
Percy FitzPatrick Institute of African Ornithology
University of Cape Town
http://www.fitzpatr ick.uct.ac. za/